“Thank you all for providing this food give away to those of us in the community who really need and appreciate that extra mile for all of us.” – Judy C.
The Mobile Food Pantry travels across the state to distribute free food to individuals and families in need in central and western South Dakota. The items distributed by the Mobile Food Pantry supplement the work of partner pantries, shelters and meal sites operating in fixed locations. It is the newest program of Feeding South Dakota, and began operation in January 2013. The Mobile Food Pantry operates out of the Pierre and Rapid City location. For more information, contact Russ Hofeldt in Pierre and George Rokusek in Rapid City.
Each family receives approximately 50 pounds of food. The type of food distributed varies depending on what is available at the current time. However, distributions generally include boxed and canned goods, along with fresh and frozen produce, dairy, and meat.
- Distributions operate on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- It is recommended to bring a container (cart or wagon, laundry basket or box, bags) to carry the groceries. These are not available at the site.
- Please do not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled distribution time.
- No I.D. or other documentation required.
- No zip code guidelines.
- Fill out and sign a short information sheet.
- Stand in line to receive food.