Empty Bowls in Rapid City
Brought to you by the Leadership Rapid City Class of 2013
DUE TO COVID-19, we have postponed the 2020 event and will announce the new date as soon as is available.
We invite you to join us for the 8th annual Empty Bowls event on DATE TBD at the SD Mines, Surbeck Center in Rapid City, SD. There are three sessions to choose from at 11:00am, 12:30pm and 5:30pm. This event benefits the work of Feeding South Dakota's Child Hunger programs in western South Dakota. With 1 in every 6 children in South Dakota at risk of going hungry, programs like the BackPack Program and School Food Pantries are critical to ensure all ages of children have adequate access to nutritious foods.
Tickets for the event are $20 for adults and $10 for children ages 12 and under. Each ticket to the event includes a simple meal of soup, bread and dessert along with a ceramic hand-painted bowl. These bowls are painted by children and adults in our local communities and are a symbol of all of the bowls left to fill to ensure no one goes hungry.
Click HERE to purchase a ticket!
We need your help!
- We need BOWLS! Pottery2Paint has been a gracious supporter of this event since the very beginning in 2013. From January 10 - April 10, community members are invited to paint a bowl and donate it to the event for just $15 (plus tax) which includes the studio fee plus a $5 donation to Feeding South Dakota! A HUGE "Thank you!" to Pottery2Paint for donating all of the bowls! We just couldn't do this event without your generosity! Tickets to the event will also be available for purchase at Pottery2Paint. Please call 605.716.3331 for hours and to make arrangements for larger groups.
- We need SPONSORS! Without the generosity of our sponsors, this event would not be possible. We have several sponsorship recognition levels beginning at $500 up to our GOLDEN BOWL SPONSOR commitment of $5,000. Click HERE for view our sponsorship opportunities form.
- We need SOUP SPONSORS! Because it's all about the soup folks! If your restaurant is interested in donating a signature soup to this event, please call Shawn Burke at 605.348.2689, ext. 203 for more details.
- We need VOLUNTEERS! To have successful events will need caring and supportive people like yourself to lend a hand! If you, your organization, your service group or your church would like to volunteer, call Shawn Burke today at 605.348.2689, ext. 203.
- Don't forget to purchase your TICKETS today!
For more information, please contact:
605.348.2689, ext. 203
THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 SPONSORS
GOLDEN BOWL SPONSOR $5,000
SOUP KITCHEN PARTNER $2,500
SOUP BOWL PARTNER $1,000
SOUP LADLE PARTNER $500
THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 IN-KIND SPONSORS