Retail Donations Program Coordinator - Sioux Falls, SD
The Retail Donations Program Coordinator is responsible for maintaining relationships with retail partners at the store level, support agency partnerships in relation to the Retail Donations Program and taking responsibility for the reporting, onboarding, assessment of participation, and coverage of assigned stores. This involves regular communication with agencies regarding equipment, timely reporting, pickup scheduling, temporary store assignment changes, and support.
- Maintain web-based donation reporting system of assigned agencies and retail locations throughout the central and eastern South Dakota.
- Foster relationships with assigned agencies and retail partners, including periodic face-to-face visits to educate store personnel (meat, deli, dairy, bakery and produce managers, receivers, and store managers) on their program’s donation guidelines. As needed, attend store meetings and store training sessions.
- Manage a database of all assigned current retail donors and create and routinely implement an onsite visitation plan.
- Create a store donation toolkit for each retail chain to be used when visiting stores (using Feeding America resources).
- Manage a database of agency store and pickup day assignments and ensure stores are prepared for driver pickups and following donation guidelines.
- Data management; tracking, invoicing, and creation of reports. Assist with poundage reporting and tracking.
- Train retail staff and agencies about the Retail Donations Program.
- Collaborate with the food sourcing and inventory team on program improvements and account management.
- Help promote Feeding South Dakota programs at the agency level.
- Support food sourcing and inventory team as backup resource on all other programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Light work: Light work involves lifting up to 40 pounds at a time with frequent lifting of objects weighing more than 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be very little, a job is in this category when it requires a good deal of walking or standing for certain projects. To be considered capable of performing a full range of light work, you must have the ability to do substantially all of these activities. This job may also require a large amount of sedentary work, involving sitting for long periods of time.
- Bachelor-level degree and/or relevant experience is required.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in grocery, outside sales or customer service
- Food safety knowledge (or ability and desire to learn food safety and pass ServeSafe® exam)
- Product handling and warehouse knowledge
- Data management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must be passionate about the programs and services of Feeding South Dakota.
- Ideal candidate will have previous leadership experience and enjoy interacting with people of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Applicants must be energetic, self-motivated, organized, and have strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to respond immediately and constructively to situations in a calm, positive manner.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule which could include some evenings and/or weekends.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Send resume and cover letter:
Diane Briest, Agency Relations Manager, Feeding South Dakota
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107