Pantry Manager - Sioux Falls, SD
The Pantry Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the food pantry program, including coordinating, leading and managing all food pantry personnel, activities and processes.
- Trains, supervises and ensures adherence to safety standards of all staff and volunteers.
- Works with pantry staff and volunteers to ensure guests are properly assisted through the pantry process.
- Assists the Volunteer Coordinator by identifying work projects and requesting volunteers when needed.
- Manages the food pantry inventory, ensuring an accurate inventory and maintaining appropriate product levels within the pantry.
- Ensures positive and respectful relationships with the pantry’s donors and guests.
- Manages food drives.
- Ensures all regulatory requirements of Feeding America, AIB, and governmental health codes are met and maintained.
- Ensures accurate reporting and compliance in administering the pantry’s federal commodity programs.
- Works with the site’s operations manager on current and future development of the pantry program, identifying areas for efficiency improvements and increased effectiveness.
- Other projects as assigned.
Medium Work: Medium work involves lifting approximately 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 25 pounds. If someone can do medium work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary and light work.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of relevant experience in direct services is required. Personnel management and customer support are desired experiences for consideration.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Dan Jensen, Eastern Operations Manager, Feeding South Dakota
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext. 114