Operations Manager - Sioux Falls, SD
The Operations Manager is responsible for recruiting, motivating and leading a high-performance team whose responsibilities encompass operations, programs, food sourcing, facility management and more throughout South Dakota. The Operations Manager will provide proactive leadership focused on increasing distribution throughout his/her assigned region.
- Manages the effective and efficient operations of the operations team including processes for receiving, inventory, repacking, storage, and distribution of food bank product to partner agencies and through direct program services
- Ensures that all staff are aware of and comply with policies, procedures and regulations including governmental, Feeding America and AIB food safety and sanitation standards
- Meets ongoing AIB requirements and obtains a satisfactory audit
- Builds and maintains relationships with transportation and manufacturing companies
- Builds and maintains relationships with retail pickup program participants
- Responsible for the BackPack program and assigning monitoring, relationship management to operations team accordingly
- Establishes a robust mobile food pantry distribution schedule
- Meets service area compliance in assigned geography
- Establishes and manages transportation activities to include delivery schedules and routes, mobile food pantry distributions, retail pickup program schedules, distribution center to distribution center deliveries, etc.
- Serves as an active member of the food safety committee
- Hires, trains, and onboards staff
- Plays an active role in budget development while managing regional financial expenditures within budgetary and policy guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
Heavy Work: Heavy work involves lifting approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds. If someone can do heavy work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary, light, and medium work.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of relevant experience in organizational and systems management is required. Warehouse management and logistics in material storage and transport as well as customer service are desired experiences for consideration.
Must possess and demonstrate:
- Integrity and commitment to fighting hunger in South Dakota
- Ability to relate effectively with other staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the general public
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent people management skills to supervise and motivate staff and volunteers