Operations Associate / Driver - Sioux Falls, SD
The Driver/Operations Associate-CDL Class B position provides CDL straight truck driving duties across the state of South Dakota. This position also supports the organization’s program services, including duties associated with food bank programs, general warehouse duties and more.
- Responsible for collecting, transporting, loading, and unloading inventory
- Responsible for vehicle preventative maintenance including washing and cleaning
- Responsible for conducting operational checks on vehicles and equipment and maintaining all required daily logs
- Responsible for maintaining a safe driving record in compliance with the organization’s insurance requirements
- Responsible for assisting the Distribution Center Coordinator in warehouse organization, inventory control, quality assurance and food and non-food rotation standards
- Responsible for accepting and receipting product donations
- Responsible for ensuring the proper storage, rotation and maintenance of frozen, refrigerated, and perishable foods and all product storage and holding areas
- Responsible for guiding agencies through the process of receiving products from the food bank as appropriate
- Responsible for welcoming, training, and supervising individual and volunteer groups
- Responsible for assisting with ongoing AIB audit duties
- Responsible for assisting with mobile food pantry distributions on a rotating schedule
- Responsible for assisting with various distribution center duties to include but not limited to general cleaning and organizing of distribution center, lawn care, trash and recycling
- Responsible for completing all required training and cross training as applicable
- Other duties as assigned.
Heavy Work: Heavy work involves lifting approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds. If someone can do heavy work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary, light, and medium work.
- Two years of relevant experience in straight truck driving is required.
- Inventory and data management, along with experience with customer service is preferred.
- CDL, Class B license required or must be willing to obtain.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Some weekend and evening work may be required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean and safe driving record.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Dan Jensen, Eastern Operations Manager
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext. 114