Mobile Food Pantry Coordinator - Rapid City, SD
The Mobile Food Pantry Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the organization’s mobile food distributions in western South Dakota at scheduled sites with drivers, partners and volunteer staff. Key job duties include recruiting, training and supervising volunteers for the mobile food distributions as well as ensuring enough food supplies for each distribution.
- In collaboration with the Western Operations Manager and Food Security Manager, the Mobile Food Pantry Coordinator develops and executes a mobile food distribution program at scheduled sites with partners and volunteer staff to include creating a monthly mobile food distribution calendar, verify monthly distribution with agencies/sites, and post on website and social media channels.
- Provides direct client services alongside volunteers.
- Interviews, orients, trains and supervises volunteers, and partners with the Volunteer Coordinator for volunteer recruitment and recognition activities.
- Manages inventory and product distribution for mobile food distributions by working with distribution center and inventory staff.
- Ensures mobile food distribution sites collect client signature sheets with client counts and maintain records on people served.
- Refines amounts of product on truck, especially perishable products.
- Captures monthly data on people served by mobile food distribution and volunteer hours for data entry and statistical record keeping.
- Provides communication to appropriate staff when distribution sites have issues that can be resolved by Feeding South Dakota.
- Assists the Distribution Center Coordinator in warehouse organization, inventory control, quality assurance and food and non-food rotation standards.
- Ensures compliance with all Feeding America program and warehouse compliance requirements.
- May be called upon to collect, transport, load and unload inventory.
- Assists, as directed, with major food drives or volunteer activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Heavy Work: Heavy work involves lifting approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds. If someone can do heavy work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary, light, and medium work.
- Bachelor-level degree and/or relevant experience is required.
- CDL, Class B license preferred, but not required. Must be willing to work towards obtaining CDL, Class B certification.
- A clean and safe driving record is required.
- Candidates must be passionate about the programs and services of Feeding South Dakota.
- Ideal candidate will have previous leadership experience and enjoy interacting with people of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Applicants must be energetic, self-motivated, organized, and have strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to respond immediately and constructively to situations in a calm, positive manner.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule. (some evenings and/or weekends)
Send resume and cover letter to:
Lesa Jarding, Operations Director
1111 N Creek Dr
Rapid City, SD 57703
605.335.0364, ext. 102