Human Resources Generalist - Sioux Falls, SD
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for building relationships with employees at all levels of the organization while supporting their Human Resources needs. Performs Human Resources related duties in some or all the following functional areas: employment & recruitment, employee relations, new employee orientation, benefits administration, employee communications, and the administration and operations within Human Resources.
- Recruits, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications
- Ensures all relevant new hire forms are completed timely and accurately
- Welcomes new employees to the organization
- Initiate and maintain employee recognition programs
- Communicates personnel changes to various benefit providers
- Administers employee benefits in compliance with the organization’s policies
- Maintains personnel files and protects the organization by keeping human resource information confidential
- Manages the administration of workers compensation and OSHA reporting
- Work with external vendors with regards to benefits and administration
- Assist with development and implementation of human resource policies
- Monitor performance evaluation process
- Update and maintain employee process manual
- Help create, update and prepare job descriptions.
- Prepare and report salary and benefits compensation studies
- Payroll processing backup under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer
- Attend on-going training to stay current in HR issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves lifting approximately 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like files, paper, or small office equipment. A sedentary job will usually involve sitting for long periods of time, with occasional walking in the warehouse areas. Most of the work performed in a sedentary job involves operating a computer and telephone
- Associates degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field with minimum 2 years’ experience in HR Generalist position.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and related laws governing employment
- Very detail-oriented record keeping and follow up skills is critical
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: effective listener, writes clearly and informatively, seeks clarification by asking questions
- Highly motivated and self-directed demonstrating the ability to work well on a team and effectively interact with all departments and various levels of the organization to effectively complete tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- A strong ability to manage immediate high priorities with long term responsibilities
- High level of personal integrity, confidentiality, and honesty
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off