Grants Coordinator - Rapid City, Pierre, or Sioux Falls
The Grants Coordinator is responsible for securing critical funding for Feeding South Dakota’s mission and programs through compelling grant proposals to corporations, foundations, and other grant-making organizations. The Grants Coordinator is responsible for maintaining strong donor relationships with institutional donors and managing the grants process, including writing compelling grant proposals, maintaining a calendar of proposal and report deadlines and stewardship activities.
- Identify, research, and evaluate potential grant funding opportunities from corporations, foundations, government agencies, local United Way offices, and other grantmaking organizations.
- Align grant activities with the organization’s goals, objectives, and strategic plan.
- Maintain grants calendar along with tracking submission and report deadlines.
- Prepare, write, and submit high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, budgets, and supporting documents.
- Work with department leaders and staff to identify programs and activities that may be of interest to grantors.
- Interact with all departments to collect information for grant proposals. Track progress of proposals/grants through research, preparation, submission and award.
- Meet with grantors to steward their support when appropriate. Prepare and present proposals to funders in person and virtually.
- Work cross-departmentally to collect and assemble required information for reports and funded grants.
- Prepare summaries of all awarded grants, including timelines, budgets, and proposed outputs and outcomes. Communicate expectations of each grant with relevant departments.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to implement program evaluations to measure and communicate impact to grantors.
- Lead quarterly grants meeting, monitoring grant progress with relevant departments to ensure compliance of grant requirements.
- Prepare and submit all grant reports in a timely manner.
- Work with the Finance department to track and review grant expenditures.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications team to ensure all recognition for funded grants is being fulfilled and to develop presentations for potential funders.
- Ensure files are up to date on all grant submissions and actions, recording in DonorPerfect as appropriate.
- Complete annual applications
- Maintain up-to-date data on Feeding South Dakota, Feeding America, and hunger-related research for use in writing proposals, reports, and other funding and marketing use.
- Work with Marketing and Communications team to identify, collect, and draft client stories for use in grant proposals, reports, and acknowledgement letters.
- Work with the Development Director to ensure revenue goals, departmental goals and specific measurable objectives, strategies and funding timetables are met.
- Work with the Development Director to grow and diversify sources of foundation and grant giving.
- Assist with other fundraising events, projects and campaigns as assigned.
- Represent and/or speak on behalf of the food bank at a variety of community events and meetings to increase awareness of our mission and inspire members of the community towards partnership.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university OR four years of professional writing experience
- 3-5 years of successful grant writing experience
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communications skills
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding attention-to-detail and copy-editing skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Creative thinker with the ability to synthesize complex information from multiple contributors into clear, compelling writing that meets both funders’ interests, guidelines and requirements, and the mission, interests, and goals of the food bank
- Strong computer literacy; ability to learn software and database management
- Passion for Feeding South Dakota’s mission
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off