Gifts Processing Coordinator - Sioux Falls, SD
The Gifts Processing Coordinator is responsible for managing the donor database, providing data analyses, and supporting all fund development and communications activities.
- Tracks and records all gifts and pledges in Donor Perfect, including all mailed, online, and credit card donations as well as written commitments.
- Creates and sends all acknowledgment letters for received donations and written pledges.
- Ensures that all gift processing policies and procedures are followed for collected donations, pledges, and over all reporting in accordance with legal and organizational gift management policies.
- Works closely with Finance and Development teams to ensure accurate and timely revenue reconciliation between Donor Perfect and the general ledger.
- Identify donor restrictions, coding them properly within the system and providing appropriate documentation to the Finance Department.
- Provides detailed accurate reports from Donor Perfect to the Finance department, allowing for accurate posting to the general ledger and streamlined reconciliation.
- Works with Finance and Development staff statewide on any donation coding changes and/or discrepancies. Actively work with donor records to assure completeness and accuracy of records.
- Provides consultation on donor patterns, identify segmentation of donor lists for movement to major giving, and provide other specialized donor segmentation strategies that expand donor giving.
- Produces the mailing of annual tax receipts and monthly pledge reminders to all donors.
- Assists with grant writing and reporting using the donor database software, including deadline monitoring and data input.
- Produces other reports as needed, or as directed by the Finance Director and in consultation with the Development Director.
- Assists the Finance and Development departments on special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of office operations experience, preferable in fund development functions.
- Ability to work accurately with detail in a busy environment with frequent calculating and a variety of interrelated tasks.
- Strong spelling, grammar and math skills.
- Strong analytic skills. Frequent use of judgment, reasoning and resourcefulness in data entry and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of donor databases and queries is required.
- Demonstrated computer competency and strong keyboard skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use diplomacy and respect confidentiality in sensitive situations is expected.
- Ability to work with a diverse team of staff and volunteers in multiple statewide locations is expected.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Christy Carr, Finance Director
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext. 104