Gifts Processing Coordinator - Sioux Falls, SD
The Gifts Processing Coordinator is responsible for managing the donor database, providing data analyses, and supporting all fund development and communications activities.
- Tracks and records all gifts and pledges in Donor Perfect, including all mailed, online, and credit card donations as well as written commitments.
- Creates and sends all acknowledgment letters for received donations and written pledges.
- Ensures that all gift processing policies and procedures are followed for collected donations, pledges, and over all reporting in accordance with legal and organizational gift management policies.
- Works closely with Development and Finance teams to ensure accurate and timely revenue reconciliation between Donor Perfect and the general ledger. Identify donor restrictions, coding them properly within the system and providing appropriate documentation to the Finance Department.
- Provides detailed accurate reports from Donor Perfect to the Finance department, allowing for accurate posting to the general ledger and streamlined reconciliation.
- Works with Development staff statewide on any donation coding changes and/or discrepancies. Actively work with donor records to assure completeness and accuracy of records.
- Provides consultation on donor patterns, identify segmentation of donor lists for movement to major giving, and provide other specialized donor segmentation strategies that expand donor giving.
- Produces the mailing of annual tax receipts and monthly pledge reminders to all donors.
- Assists with grant writing and reporting using the donor database software, including deadline monitoring and data input.
- Produces other reports as needed, or as directed by the Development Director and in consultation with the Finance Director.
- Assists the Development and Finance departments on special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of office operations experience, preferable in fund development functions.
- Ability to work accurately with detail in a busy environment with frequent calculating and a variety of interrelated tasks.
- Strong spelling, grammar and math skills.
- Strong analytic skills. Frequent use of judgment, reasoning and resourcefulness in data entry and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of donor databases and queries is required.
- Demonstrated computer competency and strong keyboard skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use diplomacy and respect confidentiality in sensitive situations is expected.
- Ability to work with a diverse team of staff and volunteers in multiple statewide locations is expected.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Christina Oey, Development Director
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext. 106