Financial Assistant (part-time)- Sioux Falls, SD
The Financial Assistant is responsible for maintaining and recording accurate and timely deposits of agency payments and donations. The Financial Assistant supports the finance department’s processes by entering accounting transactions. The Financial Assistant is a part-time position.
- Processes accounting transactions for the organization in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accounts receivable process to encompass matching incoming payments to open invoices and preparing deposit.
- Preparing cash bank deposits.
- Prepares agency accounts receivable statements on a monthly basis.
- Performs various financial analyses.
- Assists with the organization’s annual budget.
- Recommends changes to the finance department’s procedures and is involved in the continuous improvement and development of processes.
- Assist Gift Processing with recording gifts and pledges and/or sending acknowledgment letters for received donations and written pledges.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves lifting approximately 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like files, paper, or small office equipment. A sedentary job will usually involve sitting for long periods of time, with occasional walking in the warehouse areas. Most of the work performed in a sedentary job involves operating a computer and telephone.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Accounting and/or 4 years accounting experience is required. Experience in accounts receivable processing is desired.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office is preferred. Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills is required.
- An ability to use diplomacy and respect confidentiality in sensitive situations is expected.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Christy Carr, Finance Director, Feeding South Dakota
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107