Finance Director - Sioux Falls, SD
The Finance Director is responsible for the leadership and direction of all financial planning, accounting practices, analysis, reporting, and controls for Feeding South Dakota. Responsible for the supervision of all financial operations and implementation of all finance and human resources related policies, procedures, and practices in a manner consistent with Feeding South Dakota’s goals.
- Ensures accuracy, integrity, and credibility of all accounting records and financial statements.
- Oversees and directs all day-to-day financial management and accounting activities including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, and cash management.
- Coordinates the month-end closing process and reviews account balances, journal entries and monthly financial statements to ensure proper recording of income and expenses.
- Works closely with the independent auditors during the audit process to produce the annual reported financial statements and to ensure timely filing of federal tax forms.
- Maintains effective communication of financial position with the Board of Directors and acts as staff liaison to the Finance Committee of the organization.
- Responsible for the identification and monitoring of the organization’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Works closely with the development and operations directors to ensure that fiscal requirements for regular, major and capital giving, grants and contracts are identified, realized and monitored.
- Works closely with the development and operations directors to develop the annual budget and provides regular reporting to the CEO, Board of Directors, and staff during the year to review actual to budget experience.
- Works closely with the development and operations directors on grant applications, providing financial information and cost analysis.
- Analyzes the organization’s financial position and issues financial reports to the CEO and Board of Directors, including operating results, cash flow projections, and capital plans.
- Manages the human resources functions for proper administration of employee benefit programs and to assure compliance with state and federal regulations impacting employment and benefits administration.
- Oversees and evaluates the organization's compensation system, including salary ranges and market adjustments. Provides competitive pay analysis.
- Manages the administration of workers compensation and OSHA reporting.
- Communicates duties and responsibilities and monitors the work performance of assigned personnel for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves lifting approximately 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like files, paper, or small office equipment. A sedentary job will usually involve sitting for long periods of time, with occasional walking in the warehouse areas. Most of the work performed in a sedentary job involves operating a computer and telephone.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree along with at least seven years of experience in accounting at the leadership level is required.
- CPA certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of governmental contract requirements and regulations is preferred.
- Experience in managing the elements of Human Resources is desired.
- Experience in the management and reporting on grants is preferred.
- An ability to work with a diverse team of staff and volunteers in multiple locations statewide is expected.
- Strong command of accounting, internal controls, financial reporting, and compliance in not-for-profit organizations is required.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and presentation skills is required.
- An ability to use diplomacy and respect confidentiality in sensitive situations is expected.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Send resume and cover letter to:
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext. 104