Distribution Center Associate - Sioux Falls, SD
The Distribution Center Associate supports the coordinator in all warehouse duties to include inventory management, processing of incoming and outgoing donations and loads, building maintenance and operation and agency relations.
- Assists the coordinator in all warehouse organization, inventory control, quality assurance and food and non-food rotation standards.
- Ensures proper data in-puts to the inventory control system.
- Accepts and receipts product donations.
- Ensures the proper storage, rotation and maintenance of frozen, refrigerated and perishable foods and all product storage and holding areas.
- Guides agencies through the process of receiving products from the food bank as needed.
- Supervises volunteer staff and creates work projects, as appropriate.
- Performs the day-to-day cleaning, maintenance and operational schedules of the warehouse, in addition to proper operation and temperature control of freezers/coolers.
- Ensures compliance with all Feeding America program and warehouse compliance requirements.
- Assists, as directed, with major food drives or volunteer activities.
- Performs backup straight-truck driving duties, as necessary.
- Other projects as assigned.
Heavy Work: Heavy work involves lifting approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds. If someone can do heavy work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary, light, and medium work.
Two years of relevant experience in inventory and data management is preferred, along with experience with customer service, a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. CDL Class B desirable, but not required.
Wage Rate and Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour. Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications.
Benefits: health, dental, 401(k), LT disability, group life insurance, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Dan Jensen, Operations Manager
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext. 114