Driver / Distribution Center Associate - Rapid City, SD
The Driver/Distribution Center Associate position provides straight-truck driving duties for the food bank and general warehouse inventory responsibilities.
- Collects, transports, loads and unloads inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance and operational checks of Feeding South Dakota equipment.
- Maintains a safe driving record in compliance with the organization’s insurance requirements.
- Assists the Distribution Center Coordinator in all warehouse organization, inventory control, quality assurance and food and non-food rotation standards.
- Ensures proper data in-puts to the inventory control system.
- Accepts and receipts product donations.
- Ensures the proper storage, rotation and maintenance of frozen, refrigerated and perishable foods and all product storage and holding areas.
- Guides agencies/guests through the process of receiving products from the food bank as appropriate.
- Supervises volunteer staff and creates work projects, as appropriate.
- Performs the day-to-day cleaning, maintenance and operational schedules of the warehouse, in addition to proper operation and temperature control of freezers/coolers.
- Ensures compliance with all Feeding America warehouse compliance requirements.
- Assists, as directed, with major food drives or volunteer activities.
- Flexible schedule will include some nights and weekends.
- Other projects as assigned.
Heavy Work: Heavy work involves lifting approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds. If someone can do heavy work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary, light, and medium work.
Two years of relevant experience in straight-truck driving is required. Inventory and data management, along with experience with customer service is preferred. A safe driving record is also required.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Don Mulvehill, Distribution Center Coordinator, Feeding South Dakota
1111 N Creek Dr
Rapid City, SD 57703
605.348.2689, ext. 209