Driver / Distribution Center Associate (CDL Class A) - Sioux Falls, SD
The Driver/Distribution Center Associate-CDL Class A position provides CDL semi-truck driving duties across the state of South Dakota, along with straight-truck driving deliveries in and around Sioux Falls and eastern South Dakota. This position also includes general warehouse duties such as forklift and reach truck operation. Flexible work schedule, no weekends and no overnights.
- Collects, transports, loads and unloads inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance and operational checks on vehicles and equipment and maintains all required daily logs.
- Maintains a safe driving record in compliance with the organization’s insurance requirements.
- Assists the Distribution Center Manager in warehouse organization, inventory control, quality assurance and food and non-food rotation standards.
- Accepts and receipts product donations.
- Ensures the proper storage, rotation and maintenance of frozen, refrigerated and perishable foods and all product storage and holding areas.
- Guides agencies through the process of receiving products from the food bank as appropriate.
- Supervises volunteer staff and creates work projects, as appropriate.
- Assists with the day-to-day cleaning, maintenance and operational schedules of the warehouse, in addition to proper operation and temperature control of freezers/coolers.
- Ensures compliance with all Feeding America warehouse compliance requirements.
- Assists, as directed, with major food drives or volunteer activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Heavy Work: Heavy work involves lifting approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds. If someone can do heavy work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary, light, and medium work.
- CDL, Class A required.
- Two years of relevant experience in CDL, Class A and straight-truck driving is required.
- Clean and safe driving record is required.
- Inventory/warehouse experience is preferred, along with demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Todd Bauer, Distribution Center Coordinator, Feeding South Dakota
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext. 103