Distribution Center Coordinator - Rapid City
The Distribution Center Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operations of the distribution center and supervision/training of distribution center staff.
- Trains, supervises and ensures adherence to safety standards of all distribution center staff and volunteers.
- Meets requirements for certification of Feeding America and AIB audits and safety compliance.
- Ensures distribution center organization, cleanliness and that facilities, grounds, vehicles and equipment are maintained and repaired as necessary.
- Manages inventory to ensure proper ordering and distribution.
- Works closely with procurement and inventory control to manage inventory levels and accuracy.
- Coordinates with the Feeding South Dakota food banks and pantries on inbound/outbound loads of product, surplus product rotation needs and distribution center shipping/receiving capabilities for product loads. As appropriate, arranges trucking for product deliveries to and from the food bank.
- Guides agencies through the process of receiving products from the food bank.
- Coordinates with the site operations manager on budget forecasts, staffing, equipment and facility needs.
- Develops staff and creates a strong team environment.
- Motivates and engages employees and volunteers to advance the mission and goals of the organization.
- Evenings and weekends may be required.
- Other projects as assigned.
Heavy Work: Heavy work involves lifting approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds. If someone can do heavy work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary, light, and medium work.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree and three years of relevant experience in logistics, data, and inventory management is required. Personnel management and customer service are desired experiences for this position.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
George Rokusek, Western Operations Manager, Feeding South Dakota
1111 N Creek Dr
Rapid City, SD 57703
605.348.2689, ext. 208