Agency Relations Coordinator - Sioux Falls, SD
The Agency Relations Coordinator is responsible for creating, evaluating, and growing relationships with food assistance partners, potential partners, and community members to provide quality access to food through the state.
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining in-depth understanding of assigned service area portfolio
- Responsible for recruiting eligible and appropriate agencies to partner with Feeding South Dakota in food distribution, specifically focused to areas with high need
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating partner agencies through on-site visits to ensure quality standards are met and agency guests are being served adequately
- Responsible for providing educational and technical assistance to partner agencies to enhance capacity and ability to provide food to guests
- Responsible for ensuring partner agency compliance with Feeding America and federal USDA commodity program guidelines and regulations
- Responsible for ensuring all agency files and paperwork are properly maintained including agency agreements, site visit and commodity program documentation
- Responsible for speaking at public events or funding request presentations representing Feeding South Dakota, as directed
- Overnight travel and some evenings and weekend work within the state will be required
- Other duties as assigned.
Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves lifting approximately 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like files, paper, or small office equipment. A sedentary job will usually involve sitting for long periods of time, with occasional walking in the warehouse areas. Most of the work performed in a sedentary job involves operating a computer and telephone.
Bachelor-level degree preferred in social work, public administration, program management, or related education degree with specific connection to the mission of the organization. Demonstrated experience in human service, social service, area of direct program implementation and management. Specific experience in emergency food programs or other non-profit organizational program implementation is preferred.
Must possess and demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
- Strong networking and customer service skills, including working with diverse populations
- Ability to function in a teaching, training and mentoring role
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Send resume and cover letter to:
Diane Briest, Agency Relations Manager
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext. 155