Agency Relations Coordinator - Pierre, SD
The Agency Relations Coordinator is responsible for creating, evaluating, and growing relationships with food assistance partners, potential partners, and community members to provide quality access to food through the state.
- Acquire and maintain in-depth understanding of assigned service area portfolio.
- Recruit eligible and appropriate agencies to partner with Feeding South Dakota in food distribution, specifically focused to areas with high need.
- Monitor and evaluate partner agencies to ensure quality standards are being met and agency guests are being served adequately through on-site visits in compliance with Feeding America standards.
- Overnight travel and some evening or weekend work within the state will be required.
- Provide education and technical assistance to partner agencies to enhance their capacity and ability to provide food to their guests.
- Assist in planning, coordinating and implementing annual agency conferences.
- Maintain all agency files and paperwork to include agency agreements, site visit documentation, commodity program documentation and updated agency contacts.
- Maintain accurate records of all expenses related to agency relations and coordinating with financial systems personnel as needed.
- Represent Feeding South Dakota at public events or funding request presentations as directed.
- Other projects as assigned.
Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves lifting approximately 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like files, paper, or small office equipment. A sedentary job will usually involve sitting for long periods of time, with occasional walking in the warehouse areas. Most of the work performed in a sedentary job involves operating a computer and telephone.
Bachelor-level degree preferred in social work, public administration, program management, or related education degree with specific connection to the mission of the organization. Demonstrated experience in human service, social service, area of direct program implementation and management. Specific experience in emergency food programs or other non-profit organizational program implementation is preferred.
Must possess and demonstrate:
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
Strong networking and customer service skills, including working with diverse populations
Ability to function in a teaching, training and mentoring role
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Send resume and cover letter to:
Diane Briest, Agency Relations Manager, Feeding South Dakota
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext. 155