Accountant - Sioux Falls, SD
Accounting Position with Opportunities to Grow!
Are you an experienced Accountant not just looking for a job but for an opportunity to make a difference in not one life but thousands of lives?! Are you a forward thinker looking for a career that is meaningful but also allows for growth potential? If you answered yes to these questions Feeding South Dakota wants to hear from you!
Feeding South Dakota is seeking a team-orientated, forward-thinking individual with accounting and financial background to help carry forward its mission, to end hunger in South Dakota.
The Accountant is responsible for maintaining and recording accurate and timely information into the organization’s accounting system. Supports the finance department’s processes by entering accounting transactions, maintaining detailed accounting records and processing personnel information. Implements financial procedures, and practices in a manner consistent with Feeding South Dakota’s goals.
- Processes accounting transactions for the organization, including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and various adjusting general journal entries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains accurate employee payroll and tax information in payroll software.
- Prepares and processes bi-weekly payroll from authorized time sheets.
- Prepares and submits IRS and state unemployment tax returns and payments.
- Processes annual W-2s.
- Posts agency (accounts receivable) payments accurately and timely.
- Maintains sales tax exemption status records for the organization’s agencies, ensuring compliance with state regulations.
- Prepares state sales tax return and remits payment.
- Prepares and processes bi-weekly accounts payable, ensuring that all payments are properly authorized and coded.
- Responsible for entering all adjusting journal entries into the general ledger.
- Prepares bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting detailed records for the organization’s awarded grants.
- Prepares cost reimbursement requests in compliance with specific grant regulations.
- Performs any necessary audits to ensure compliance with governmental agencies.
- Performs various financial analyses.
- Assists with the organization’s annual budget.
- Assists with providing financial information and cost analysis for the organization’s grant applications.
- Recommends changes to the finance department’s procedures and is involved in the continuous improvement and development of processes
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of an Accounting Associate’s Degree and/or 5 years accounting experience is required. Experience in payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable processing is desired. Experience in not-for-profit accounting compliance is preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office is preferred. Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills is required. An ability to use diplomacy and respect confidentiality in sensitive situations is expected. An ability to work with a diverse team of staff in multiple locations statewide is expected.
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 3 weeks PTO
- Medical, Dental, Aflac (some plans free or little cost to employee)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability Plan
- 401(k), 401(k) matching (vested immediately)
Send resume and cover letter to:
Christy Carr, Chief Financial Officer
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
605.335.0364, ext 104