Volunteer Coordinator - Sioux Falls, SD
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the successful development, implementation, and management of Feeding South Dakota’s state-wide volunteer program, including the recruitment, retention, supervision and recognition of volunteers to meet identified needs of the organization.
Volunteer Recruitment, Retention, Cultivation, Supervision and Recognition
- Creates volunteer position descriptions.
- Builds organizational structure with reporting to staff and other volunteer leaders.
- Creates and implements strategies to recruit volunteers to meet organizational needs.
- Attends community events, campaigns, and fairs in order to communicate volunteer opportunities.
- Develops training and outreach materials in order to effectively conduct volunteer orientation, tours, and training sessions.
- Trains, supervises, and ensures adherence to safety standards of all volunteers.
- Creates volunteer recognition program, events, and activities.
- Works with Feeding South Dakota staff to identify volunteer projects and activities.
- Develops volunteer training program.
- Creates and maintains the Volunteer Manual, ensuring compliance to all rules and regulations for volunteer participation.
- Documents processes and completes necessary paperwork and/or computer input for volunteers. (i.e., community service, court-ordered, etc.)
- Maintains software database of volunteers and sponsoring organizations, including volunteer hour tracking.
- Manages volunteer scheduling, confirmation, and thank you process.
- Maintains and communicates volunteer calendar and schedule.
- Executes responsibilities relating to special events and food drives, working closely with the development and warehouse areas.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of relevant experience is required.
- Must possess excellent communication, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Essential to be detailed oriented and organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team atmosphere, utilizing strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office computer programs.
- Weekend and evening work will be required.
- Some travel required.
- Personnel management and training responsibilities are desired experiences for consideration.
Send resume to:
Tony Burke, Operations Director, Feeding South Dakota
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107-0123
(605) 335-0364, ext 102