Operations Associate - Rapid City, SD
The Operations Associate supports the organization’s program services, including duties associated with the food bank and pantry programs.
- Stocks and organizes pantry shelves and inventory.
- Guides agencies and guests through the process of receiving products from the food bank or food pantry program, as appropriate.
- Assists in welcoming pantry guests. Processes and enters guest data into reporting software. Completes documents to be entered into the inventory control system.
- Performs day-to-day cleaning of pantry and warehouse area, as well as proper operation and temperature control of freezers/coolers.
- Provides direction to volunteers throughout the facility and creates work projects, as appropriate.
- Practices food safety standards, including quality assurance and food and non-food rotation standards.
- Ensures the proper storage, rotation and maintenance of frozen, refrigerated and perishable foods in product storage and holding areas.
- Accepts and receipts product donations.
- Assists, as directed, with major food drives, mobile food distributions, and volunteer activities.
- Ensures compliance with all Feeding America requirements, as appropriate.
- Other projects as assigned.
Heavy Work: Heavy work involves lifting approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds. If someone can do heavy work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary, light, and medium work.
Two years of relevant experience in customer service, inventory and data management is preferred. Must be proficient in MS Office computer programs. Some weekend and evening work may be required. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Send resume and cover letter to:
George Rokusek, Western Operations Manager, Feeding South Dakota
1111 N Creek Dr
Rapid City, SD 57703