Mobile Food Pantry Driver - Pierre, SD
The mobile food pantry driver provides all driving duties for tihe mobile food pantry program, assists warehouse staff for loading and unloading of the truck, and assists the on-site volunteer coordinators during each distribution. This position is considered part-time.
- Performs preventative maintenance and checks before, during, and after each use of the truck to ensure that it is kept in proper working order.
- Maintains a safe driving record in compliance with the organization’s insurance requirements and Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Picks and prepares product for the Mobile Food Pantry, as directed by the Warehouse Coordinator.
- Loads truck for each Mobile Food Pantry distribution.
- Guides volunteers and/or guests during the Mobile Food Pantry distribution as necessary.
- Ensures proper food handling practices are being followed at all times during the Mobile Food Pantry distributions.
- Assists warehouse staff, as appropriate, with inventory counts, handling donated products, picking, palletizing and loading orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Heavy Work: Heavy work involves lifting approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds. If someone can do heavy work, it is also determined that they can also do sedentary, light, and medium work.
Two years of relevant experience in straight-truck driving, inventory and data management is required, along with experience with customer service. A clean and safe driving record and Class B CDL certification is also required.
Send resume and completed application to:
Russ Hofeldt, Central Operations Manager, Feeding South Dakota
20562 Grace Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
Click here for an Employment Application (PDF)