The Driver position will provide CDL semi-truck driving duties across the state of South Dakota, along with straight-truck driving duties in and around Sioux Falls and eastern South Dakota. In addition to driving responsibilities, this position also includes general warehouse duties such as forklift and reach truck operation, inventory control, computer use and communication with agency and food donor representatives.
- Collects, transports, loads and unloads inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance and operational checks on vehicles and equipment and maintains all required daily logs.
- Maintains a safe driving record.
- Assists the Warehouse Coordinator in warehouse organization, inventory control, quality assurance and food/non-food rotation standards.
- Accepts and receipts product donations.
- Maintains and assists with the cleaning schedule.
- Assists, as directed, with major food drives or volunteer activities.
- CDL, Class A required.
- Ability to lift approximately 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds.
- One year of relevant experience in OTR and straight-truck driving is required.
- Inventory/warehouse experience preferred, along with demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service.
- Clean and safe driving record required.
- Must provide a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) if an interview is requested. The MVR can be obtained at the Department of Public Safety.
- Other projects, as assigned.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package:
- No nights or weekends.
- 9 paid holidays per year.
- Accrue 15 days of PTO per year.
- Health and dental insurance offered.
- 401 (K) plan with employer match.
Feeding South Dakota
4701 N Westport Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57107-0123
605-335-0364, ext. 114
Click here for an Employment Application (PDF)