Development Associate - Rapid City
The Development Associate is responsible for supporting all fund development and communications activities.
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of the strategic fundraising and communications plans for Feeding South Dakota.
- Documents and tracks performance related to identified objectives in the strategic fundraising and communications plans.
- Coordinates and prepares presentations and grant proposals to individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Responsible for managing Feeding South Dakota’s grant program, including grant schedules, grant reporting, and the writing of grants.
- Assists in project/capital gift campaigns at the direction of the Development Director.
- Assists in the development of Feeding South Dakota endowment programs.
- Assesses current donor base and cultivation of possible donors.
- Cultivates relationships with individuals, corporations and foundations through personal visits.
- Records status of relationships with donors, community members and business owners in donor database, builds reports as needed, and coordinates donor recognition programs.
- Act as a liaison to supporting organizations and groups fundraising to benefit Feeding South Dakota.
- Coordinates special events as assigned.
- Contributes to the content and preparation of promotional materials (annual report, website, donor recognition, brochures and other appropriate materials.)
- Serves as a media spokesperson when appropriate and in consultation with the Development Director.
- Represents the organization at appropriate functions to include speaking and presentations about Feeding South Dakota and its activities.
- Provides information for budget and plan of work related to all fund development activities in the area served.
- Participates in professional development training to maintain and enhance professional expertise in development techniques and opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves lifting approximately 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like files, paper, or small office equipment. A sedentary job will usually involve sitting for long periods of time, with occasional walking in the warehouse areas. Most of the work performed in a sedentary job involves operating a computer and telephone.
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of relevant experience.
Demonstrated success in various aspects of fund development. Skills to prospect, cultivate and manage relationships with corporate sponsors, foundations and individual donors. Strong interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively, and experience with public speaking. Proven knowledge of computers and software (specifically MS Office – with demonstrated skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Publisher.) High degree of focus on quality control and continuous improvement.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Christina Oey, Development Director, Feeding South Dakota
4701 N Westport Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
(605) 494-3663, ext. 309